Cosmetic Ingredients
Tetrakis Methane?
m
2016-08-19 20:24
people liked

The COSRX Acne Pimple Master Patch has a lot of weird ingredients with no information on them, one of them (an inactive ingredient it seems) seems to be an ingredient without any information on it and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it.

This is the ingredient list:
Carboxymethylcellulose, Styrene Isoprene Styrene Block Copolymer, Polysobutylene, Petroleum Resin, Polyurethane Film, Liquid Paraffin, Tetrakis Methane

Some of the ingredients are written kinda weirdly, so here's what they should be:

Carboxymethylcellulose Sodium, Styrene-Isoprene Block Copolymer film, Polyisobutylene (Butyl Rubber), Petroleum Resin, Polyurethane, Liquid Paraffin, Tetrakis(4-aminophenyl)methane

bold is active ingredient and solvent (mineral oil), italic are the materials the patch itself is made of, but I have no idea what's up with that last one.

S
2019-10-12 04:42
people liked

After a fair amount of research, I’ve found that the key component of these patches, Tetrakis Methane, is extremely hazardous. It has a GHS Hazard Statement of: H300+H310+H330-H373 which means it’s deadly if swallowed, Inhaled, comes into contact with your skin, and causes organ damage with repeated exposure. Hope this comment helps

j
2019-11-05 20:47
people liked

Thanks for sharing...........

We use cookies to provide and improve our services. By using our site, you consent to cookies.