Skincare
acne prone skin with heavy sagging needs skincare line
r
2016-06-02 07:14
people liked

I am 55 yrs old and have congestion. I also just broke out with terrible cystic acne after trying a line by Rhonda Allison. My skin is sensitive to any oil, dehydrated but normal otherwise. I also have sagging skin. Today I noticed a new deep line off my mouth which has deep lines.
I am in need to find a product line that will clear up the acne and firm up my face!
I did try Laneige's Brightening Sparkling Water Foam CLeanser. I liked it very much. My complexion cleared. Downside was that when I ran out, the Target stopped carrying it. I tried the Water Bank Serum at the same time. I was looking for something to plump my skin. Didn't find it.
I tried products by Laroche-Posay - not happy.
I tried Bare Minerals Clay Cleanser - not happy.
I then tried Rhonda Allison for 3 weeks and boom! The Cystic acne with the very heavy sagging wrinkle.
Help!!

C
2016-07-25 08:03
people liked

Have you tried curology? They helped my daughter who had "had" acne and redness. Not anymore! The dermatologists work with your skin type and come up with a formula just for you. I decided to try it due to my redness,aging, and brownspots. One month in, a tremendous improvement on texture, redness and still waiting for the sagging but that takes time. Also, thank god I found seba med moisturizer! Unbelievable difference! Go to curology.com and give it a try. I know you will be happy, we sure are. Best of luck

k
Clad those products work for you. The score on the ingredients on Seba Med Moisturizer doesn't looks good for acne when ran through the database though. - kristenEU 2020-02-25
l
2020-01-22 06:08
people liked

Your question is exactly my issue!!! I need anti-aging and lifting but I break out so easily and am prone to get cysts.

j
2020-07-15 05:30
people liked

I'd also definitely suggest Curology - not for the cleanser and moisturizer (they didn't impress me), but because they treat both acne, and aging (tretinoin/Retin-A, which is only available by prescription). Retinoids like tretinoin are one of the only skincare ingredients ever shown to have an actual effect on wrinkles, lines, and aging, and they have a dramatic effect if used long-term. Look up "Hot and Flashy" on youtube for multi-year before and afters from a woman who started tretinoin in her 50s; they are compelling.

As an alternative, an over-the-counter retinoid (not retinol, which is not as effective) is Adapalene, which is available at 0.1% concentration at most drugstores in the US as Differin; it's also available OTC in the UK, I can't speak for anywhere else. Adapalene also very effective and STRONG. La Roche Posay also produces a product with 0.1% adapalene, as does Proactiv for a bit more money (I'm not sure if there's a difference in their formulation). This should address your cystic acne and, over time, lines, wrinkles, and sagging.

One thing about retinoids: there is usually an adjustment/purging period, which can involve redness, irritation, dryness, flaking, peeling, and lots of pimples coming to the surface over the first several weeks (this is the "purge"). I avoided almost all of this by stopping all other actives during the first 6 weeks (except for the occasional BHA cleanser), focusing on hydrating and anti-inflammatory products to complement the retinoid, and going SLOW. Start with once a week for 2 weeks or so, then twice a week for another few weeks, then every other day, then every night. Don't step up your frequency until your skin has stopped reacting, otherwise it can get NASTY. Also, you MUST use a good sunscreen if you're using a retinoid, as it can make your skin more sensitive to sunburn, especially at first.

If you're interested in a full line, I'd say that it's hard to go wrong with Cosrx. They have very minimal, effective, anti-inflammatory formulations designed to address acne - but you still need to do a little legwork to figure out what you actually need from them. Their stuff won't address your concerns about sagging (that's what the retinoid would be doing).

I've also heard good things about NIOD's copper amino isolate serum for wrinkles and lax skin, but it's out of my price range so I have no real opinion.

Here's what I used when I was starting tretinoin (which might not be the same as what you should use, but can give you an idea). I did not purge and experienced only a little redness during the adjustment period:

Cleanser: The Ordinary squalane cleanser, and once every week or two Cosrx BHA cleanser (to clear pores in my T-zone)
Mist: Missha Time Revolution Mist, then I switched to the Heritage Store Rosewater and Glycerin (I actually prefer the second )
Toner: Isntree hyaluronic toner plus
Essence: Cosrx snail 96
Treatment: tretinoin (Curology)
Moisturizer (Day): Bonajour Green Tea Water Bomb
Moisturizer (Night): Cerave PM, sometimes mixed with Cosrx snail 92 cream and/or Cosrx rice water sleeping mask
Sunscreen (Day): Purito Green Level Unscented (SUPER not-irritating for me, designed for sensitive/acneic skin) (I DON'T recommend the Cosrx sunscreen!)

2021-10-11 20:50
people liked

Try ishonest anti-aging series for oily or oily problematic skin. There are three grades, i.e., prevent elasticity damage, repair elasticity damage and fine lines+wrinkles, and you can chose depending on your level of sagging

2021-11-05 22:48
people liked

Try these. My elder sister struggled with a similar problem post-menopause. The last time I heard, she was extremely satisfied with this particular product.

S
2021-12-23 19:11
people liked

Acne skin is really a painful idea for anyone. But the good news is it can be treated by using the right skincare products.
There are various methods to treat acne-prone. To prevent acne skin we must follow the correct skincare routine that will help your skin to fight against acne and heavy sagging.

We use cookies to provide and improve our services. By using our site, you consent to cookies.