Skincare
Mattifying but moisturizing cream for very sensitive skin?
2014-08-31 00:08
人推薦此心得

Because I mildly suffer from seborrhoeic dermatitis, I have to frequently use Nizoral shampoo as a facial wash once a day. Because this expectantly strips away my skin's sebum, I have to counter it with a moisturizer. It's a double-edged sword situation.

I've been using E45 for some time, but my skin is unavoidably (and infuriatingly) greasy at the end of the day. One theory of mine is that because E45 is strictly intended for dry skin, my skin reactively produces excess sebum regardless.

Products that both mattify and moisturize have been my focus, to moisturize my skin's initial dryness when washing off the Nizoral and simultaneously counter the nightly oil build-up with mattifying action. I've yet to find such a product which doesn't irritate my skin. My skin is extremely sensitive, it seems impossible for me to find one which doesn't utilize irritating ingredients.

I live in the United Kingdom, I'm looking for something affordable and reliable. I appreciate any assistance you can offer.

最後編輯時間: 2014-08-31 00:18

Hi, you can check out Creme Dila Creme's Day & Night Cream. They are non-greasy and quickly absorbs into the skin. - sniffytuna 2015-03-24
m
2015-03-04 22:24
人推薦此心得

Check Sebamed clear face Gel maybe?

2015-06-12 21:24
人推薦此心得

Hi, I know it's a bit late but better late than never!

If you're still interested, I've recently been using Boots Botanics Shine Away Mattifying Day Cream SPF 15.

For me it doesn't irritate, it stays relatively matte throughout the day (it doesn't work wonders but the effect is noticeable) and it keeps me moisturised (also under a fiver in Boots).

My skin isn't what I'd call sensitive, although it lets me know pretty quickly if there's something it doesn't like in my face cream.

I just uploaded the list of ingredients so it's searchable if you want to check it out, it looks mostly ok except it does contain Alcohol Denat :(

2016-02-05 05:52
人推薦此心得

I've the same skin as you
Here are the 3 best for me :

- Topicrem fluide apaisant peaux intolerantesT
- la mer med 24h fluid
- Uriage ds emulsion

The toleriane fluid also seems to be good

t
2017-11-20 01:03
人推薦此心得

Hey,

As a SD sufferer I do have some tips which I learned over the years and recently I cleared up my skin a lot after finding a blog called Simple Skin Care Science, the author only recommends stuff based on scientific studies.

You should consider stopping Nizoral, and use better alternatives, because I know that stuff is good, but my experience was that it is not good enough and it is extremely drying and irritating.

My recommendation based on the above blog and personal experiences. These are products without fatty acids, esters, oils, polysorbates, which all feed malassezia.
1.-Stop Nizoral !

2.-Cleanse with something safe and very non drying, else the skin will get more oily (Vanicream Gentle Facial Cleanser, Avene Cleansing Foam, Avene Gentle Cleanser Lotion are 100% safe and gentle). I use Phace Bioactive Cleansing Gel, it does not have 100% safe ingredients for the condition, but the extremely low ph of 3 is knocking off the fungus and repairs the skin barrier, very non-drying also.

3.-Kill that malassezia beast with something gentle, safe and effective (Biom8 , Kala Health MSM Gel, or do the Raw honey mask treatment, or mix these treatments)

4.-Hydrate your skin using 100% safe ingredients (Avène Tolérance Extrême Emulsion, Hada Labo Skin Plumping Gel Cream, Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel, Sebamed Clear Face Gel). I personally use Benton, but my next try will be Hada Labo because it should be more hydrating.

5.-Add something that prevents transepidermal water loss. (Squalane oil is awesome and 100% safe because of carbon chain length 30, it does not look or feel like oil on the skin, it just gives a nice glow, and for me it actually helped to get rid of oily skin.)

6.-For SD breakouts, to stop the flaking, use some Vaseline (Petroleum Jelly) at night- very safe and it is non comedogenic. I personally started using Vaseline on my seborrheic dermatitis which was getting extremely painful red and flaky.. After 1 day was not flaking anymore, after 1 week my skin looked normal. I use it all the time. It is also non comedogenic, and I still haven't had any skin flaking off since weeks.I know it maybe sounds ridiculous that you ask for something to get rid of oily skin and I recommend vaseline but it is good against seborrheic dermatitis when it gets really bad and flaky, so you could try for few days only.

最後編輯時間: 2017-11-20 01:14

我們使用 cookie 來提供並改善我們的服務。如欲使用此站,您需接受 cookies。