Skincare
CosDNA's acne rating for caprylic/capric triglyceride
y
2017-05-06 07:46
人推荐此心得

From what I've seen on the internet, the ingredient caprylic/capric triglyceride is extremely comedogenic. It's also super common in cosmetics. However, CosDNA does not have an acne rating for it. Shouldn't CosDNA change this?

l
2017-07-13 01:41
人推荐此心得

Coconut oil if great for hair and skin. It has a combination of essential fatty acids that penetrate and moisturize skin in a way few ingredients can. The natural antioxidants help protect from environmental stressors, add vitamins that firm, moisturize and brighten. Despite its many strengths, coconut oil isn’t for everyone. Especially oily, sensitive, acne prone skin. Some rave about it and others breakout in volcanos. Everyones skin is different so, what causes acne for some and won't for others. I'd suggest to do a patch test with all new products and ingredients.
Coconut oil that is a liquid at room temperature is fractionated, a form of the oil that has had the long-chain fatty acids removed. The result is it lacks some of the healthy fatty acids like lauric acid but is still full of medium chain fatty acids, vitamins and antioxidants.
Extra virgin coconut oil is solid at room temperature, has a melting point of about 75 degrees Fahrenheit. This form could be too heavy for oily skin type and can clog pores which can cause breakouts.This type of coconut oil works great as a carrier oil for helping other, beneficial oils to penetrate the skin. It absorbs quickly without clogging pores, and can be beneficial for oily skin.
I hope this helps you.
Another thought is CosDNA is a great ingredient checker but is not up to date with ingredients.

我们使用 cookie 来提供并改善我们的服务。如欲使用此站,您需接受 cookies。